View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #22
AC2717

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
AC, the government will never have enough money. They could raise taxes on everything and they would still think they need more. They will never be happy with what we pay in taxes.
I do not know about you but in these tough times right now all my instinct is to save money and look to ways to cut spending. Not with the government though, take example Gov Patrick in MA giving a base raise to the senators and state congress of 5.5% but lets cut spending on the cops, fire departments, and social programs because you know we the people will benefit more from increasing the pay of those that represent us than the Fireman coming to save us in a fire.

What total crap. And did you hear his state of the state address? everything he said was times are tough we have to buckle down, yet last week he gives them a raise? When is the last time anyone of us saw a 5.5% raise? And do not give me this back in 1998 we voted to give them raises, it was also in that law that passed that if the state average incomes go down then their raises or annual salary would go down, you telling me that the state annual wages went up in 2008?

Sorry off the soap box now