View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #47
Pine Island Guy

Default who said you can't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I was going to (when I could afford it) add a second floor to my house
Actually my understanding of the CSPA is that you can add a second floor to your house, as long as the impervious area is not increased (i.e. you are not expanding the footprint)... but will defer to "Shore Things" for the definitive answer!

Contrary to popular opinions and beliefs, I find the new regulations to be much easier to navigate/understand and are actually less stringent for the average homeowner making changes to their property (including thinning of trees, limbing, and expanding/modifying their house). What is much harder to do within the CSPA is to build a house that takes up 90% of the lot size (aka McMansions) and increases the impervious area so that run-off goes directly into the lake!

Regarding zoning "setbacks", they haven't been around all that long... and when they were instituted, people probably had the same reaction to them, as you have to the new regs

ice ice more ice... PIG

p.s. if you have questions regarding the new regs, ask someone at DES, send them an email, attend one of their information sessions! I have had nothing but positive experiences with them, found them all very helpful, and pleasant to deal with. And no, I am not a State employee, not married to one, and don't have any relatives in State government

Last edited by Pine Island Guy; 12-16-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added the p.s.
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote