View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
sa meredith

Default Salem, NH

Palin is speaking in my hometown of Salem, NH, only 2 or 3 miles from my home on Wednesday, and I was very curious about going, thinking it was one of those "only once in lifetime" chances to do something unique. But, upon looking into it, thought the whole thing to be quite a chore.
Would have had to go to an office in Salem today (Tuesday) to provide ID, and phone number to be issued tickets. And then, arrive between 4:00 and 5:00 at the football field tomorrow, to be seached and pass thru a metal detector, to most likely stand (2500 seats, crowd of 6000 to 7000 expected) for 2 hours, as they (Salem Republican Committee office) are saying she will not speak until 6:30 at the earliest. So I ran this scenario thru my head once or twice, tried to figure where they are going to park all the cars (probably on Geremonty Drive, all the way out to Rt. 97, for those familiar with the area), and decided this was probably not for me.
So, I left word at the office, along with my address, to let her know she had an open invite to stop by the house after...right in time for game 5 Phil/LA, for a couple of cocktails, and perhaps some light snacks...but no politics to be discussed while the game was on.
A nice young woman said she would pass the word, but I should not expect a response.
I'll keep everyone posted....
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote