View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #139
Audiofn

Now that people are realizing that it is not just US but the entire world that is hurting it does not seem so bad. Dollar got a LOT stronger in the last few days and this has more to do with England and other countries stepping up and injecting money along with the US. Most of that drop was panic driven by the media. Most companies are well run and sound. Now if they can address the business world getting loans then we should come out of this OK.

Were does a union guy go to get a union job? I am not a union guy but I do work with union guys a lot. IMO unions are a thing of the past. There is no doubt that they were needed but now they are ruining businesses by raising the costs of production to the point that companies in the US can not compete any more. My wife works for a huge fortune 50 company. They are laying many many people off. They moved production from a location in mass. and Utah over to Switzerland. Labor costs over there are much higher but the taxes are low. So what do people think will happen with Obama wants to raise them. IMO more manufacturing will run from this country.

My guess however is that this is a little bit of a dead cat bounce and expect it to drop again.

Last edited by Audiofn; 10-14-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Audiofn is offline   Reply With Quote