View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #48
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM 290 View Post
I couldn't care what goes there.. just put the docks back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
I do miss the Burger King. What a killer location. All those docks!!!
I agree, as long as they don't put back the SAME docks!! Those floating docks were awful!! I wouldn't tie a canoe to those old floating docks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
I used those docks 3 or 4 times last season, and walked the tracks to Tbones, and noone ever said anything...although I seem to remember a post somewhere about a sign being put up...something about a small charge if you were heading to Tbones/CJs.
There was always very few, if any, boats there. It really was not the ideal situation..the wind at that end of Paugus is constant, and very regular boat traffic keeps the chop going. Combine the wind, chop, and the fact the docks were floating (as opposed to on pilings) and keeping the boat stable was always tricky. The only way to keep from taking a pretty good beating was to tie off on both side..with very little "give" in the lines. These are probably the same reason "Spinnacker" has such a large breakwater.
Anyway, I liked having the option of using them, but can't say I miss them.
Perhaps some type of an association could be formed from businesses on that side of the bay, and they could share the expense of having the docks put back? Just a thought...and maybe it would not be worth the expense to all retail shops there.
Anyway...
Tom...be sure to check your "message in" box.
SA, you're right on about it being tricky to keep a boat stable at those docks; tying up to both sides, with spring lines, was the ONLY safe way to tie up to those docks and even then, I was still nervous about the boat taking a beating!

As for what business/restaurant goes into the spot, I really don't care what moves in as long as it's a good restaurant and they install better docks!! We need more dining out options that are reachable by boat!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote