Thread: Hateful pms
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
Evenstar

Thanks so much for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper of the Sea Que View Post
Evenstar, I am not one of your biggest fans - after all, among other things you have inferred that I am/was Lame and (getting) Pathetic - not to rehash old stuff.
I addressed that comment to "you guys," after a number of posters had personally attacked me.

On a forum like this one, there are only words. Hateful words and comments as the "Sticks and stones."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
For whatever reason, you insist on maintaining a certain attitude in your posts that make you come off as very arrogant and bull headed. Couple this with the fact that you're supporting an unpopular opinion amongst the forum in general, and the rest kind of writes itself. Several people have tried to give you some advice on how you can communicate your viewpoint without sounding so obnoxious, but you persist in your approach.
I've tried to explain this several times, but most of my critics here don't seem to understand: I suffered a rather severe head injury when I was very young, which damaged much of the left side of my brain. So I have some major language problems. Putting my thoughts into words is very difficult, since I am only able to think in images. I am very direct and extremely literal - that's the only way that I can communicate. I was also taught to stand up for myself and for my beliefs. If that comes across as "very arrogant and bull headed", then I'm sorry.