Thread: Forum Fest 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #55
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Not to be negative but if everyone is burned out (and I know how much works it is to plan events as I have done many), maybe you should just make it a simpler event. Just pick a place, and have people go and meet. Then noone has to do anything. Do you really need food? Eat lunch before. If you want to donate to a cause, just put a bucket out for people to put money in. I mean, it could be that simple if you want it to be.
I hear what you are saying, but the people who started the FF, which by the way was done in a fantastic way. They kinda set a president where everyone felt comfortable walking around talking with each other with a soda and something to eat (snack) in their hand while at the same time viewing peoples homemade wares to be raffled off with the money going to different causes each time. It was just a wonderful time by all and hopefully will continue to be the same way the next time one is held. I am writing this as a non attender due to having previous engagements, however I sure enjoy the stories from all those that attended both personally and on the forum.
Just go back to last years or the years before threads and see all the work and enjoyment everyone had in the planning the dates, volunteering for different things to bring both in food and raffle materials. PLEASE BRING BACK THOSE WONDERFUL DAYS!!!!
RLW
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote