Thread: Forum Fest 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #37
sa meredith

Default Maybe...

SteveA..Yeah, I sort of thought that was the case. But there certainly could still be raffles and so forth. And maybe LP would be willing to do something like donate 25 or 30 cents on every dollar spent, to the charity that is chosen.
Just a thought. LP may not even be interested in such a thing...it was really just a thought. Thninking the available space and central location made it atractive. Just my opinion.
With regard to the second part of your post, I wonder if you might take a second (along with anyone else that reads this) to really read what I am about to write, stop to consider it for a minute, think about it, and then respond if you are so inclined.
I take a bit of responsibilty for some of the recent arguments, as I frequently find myself in the middle of them. The reason I get mixed up in them is this...as I became a forum member about 1 1/2 years age, I often posted with questions, and always got great answers and good advice...and in the process learned who all the regulars were, and what their posting styles were, and usuall opinions were. But as time went by, and really most recently, I saw inconsistencies that just drove me freakin' nuts! And I will spare listing example upon example (there are simply dozens upon dozens) and boil it down to just a few glaring examples.
A while back it was very much "in style" to post negative stuff about The Tammarack (sp?). They took a beating regularly from forum members...even members who do not regularly join in with negative stuff joined the parade.
And so when it was posted here about the kid who was fired, it was pile on time. Never mind thinking The Tammarack may have a side to the story...no no no. Bashing them is an acceptable practice....and I have no problem with it if it is what you want to do......UNTIL:
Flash forward to the Saturday morning that a negative review was written about Waldo Peppers..."Whoa, my Heavenly God, though shall not fault thee famous Waldo Peppers...damn thee to eternal fire..yee evil poster" was about the gist of all the regular forum members posts as the day unfolded.
And it was funny..because the negative post turned out to be truthful and accurate. But in the beginning, it was OK to just dis-regard the posters negative review, and chastise him...he was attacking "one of our own".
The inconsistencies just drove me crazy....so I just felt compelled to react.
And now, later in the summer (and I don't want to re-hash this argument, I am simply using this example as a point of reference) we witnessed the verbal, all out assault on the famous 4th of July Ski-mobile skimmer. People just bashed away...and not because it broke a law (which I would agree with) but because of the dangerous, and careless, and selfish act of the rider.
"Banish him for life" I believe one poster wrote...
Well, upon checking back to the posts written when we had the tragic and fatal accident on the lake this summer, many of those same bashers, never said a word about "how could the captain have let this happen?" If fact, I believe I may have been the only person who posted, that although my prayers and thoughts were with all involved, in the end, this forum has ALWAYS stated...A captain is responsible for everything that occurs on their boat. So my blood boiled when one act of irresposiblity led to a public lynching, and the other never ever even suggested the operater would be held accountable. I mean, really, of the two incidents, which one came out OK? This is not a negative post about Erica...I simply use it to show inconsistencies in peoples postings...and I just don't understand...and so sometimes I just react. And now, most recently.....
Check this right now, if you don't agree.... I recently stated that some members were censored, while others, saying the exact same things were not.
Well, a few days back, I entered a post under the "Lobster roll ingredients" thread...and at the end, left a message about the Red Sox for Pineedles.
But the Sox message part was "lopped off", just plain dis-appeared.
But, somehow, two posts down, there is Pineedles response to the lobster part of my post, and, amazingly, his response about the Red Sox part...and his opinion on the Sox issue. No cut, no censoring. But my Sox comment...sorry, bye. I guess I just don't understand...but I will try to stay away from arguments in the future.
Webmaster...I understand this thread is probably now hi-jacked, but please allow it to stand for a day or so...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote