Thread: MP - Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #59
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
Airwaves -- I can say from "first hand" knowledge that Your Wrong!

We were at the Lake from 7/22 through 8/2 and I personally heard three or four different broadcasts from MP concerning "severe Thunderstorms" (on different days mind you).
It's about time someone answered the question one way or another.

Just over two weeks ago on 7/22 in post #19 I first raised the issue of whether the NHMP issued such warnings during the recent weather. On 7/24 in post #31 I flat out asked forum members if anyone had heard such a broadcast by the NHMP. Two weeks later you are the only person who has responded to that question.

So does that mean it didn't happen or that you're (correct contraction) the only one on the forum that had their Marine VHF radio on?

BTW, I was up at the lake during Bike Week (6/15-6/22). A tornado warning was issued by the NWS I think on the Saturday of that week. I heard the NHMP on their dispatch frequency warn NHMP crews to seek shelter but I did NOT hear a corresponding broadcast on Marine VHF 16 to give the boating public the same warning. (Yes I was listening to both)

I wonder if the NHMP started issuing these warnings after we started discussing the question? If so GREAT! Keep it up!

Last edited by Airwaves; 08-06-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Add Bike week experience
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote