Thread: MP - Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Joanna16

Angry MP - Seriously?

So there we were Saturday legally anchored down in Braun Bay. Enjoying a sunny afternoon with some new friends we had met. The weather started to look questionable but we figured it be better to ride out the rain with 2 anchors down then try to head home.

Along comes Marine Patrol - we figured they we stopping by as a courtsey to tell us to check our anchors and hunker down - NOT. They came in to check our 25ft. Seriously?

When asked about the storm they said they did not know but 2 boats near to us were not legally achored and had to move. Is this really the time to be splitting hairs about the 25ft rule?????

What about the safety of that boat and it's passengers was going to be effected by them moving 5ft further away for that other boat???? Isn't it better that the captain was not physically in the water when the storm hit?

Ok let the bashing of me begin because I was in the lake during a storm. Or beacuse I own a GFBL. But really shouldn't MP have been more concerned with the weather and the 50 boats that left 5 minutes before scurring across the lake and "un-safe" speeds?