View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #65
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I think Islander is talking about the fatal jet ski accident, where an underage kid that should not have been on the machine in the first place died. An accident that has nothing to do with the speed limit. The machine in the accident was not capable of excessive speeds. I don't believe that they ever came up with an official cause, the machine was still intact. I think it was drowning in the end.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/...040308/-1/news

Bad parenting was the cause, not speed. The kid should not have been out on it alone, ultimately the parents fault for making the machine accessible.

I am sure someone will flame away, but that is my synopsis.
I think the supporters of the bill have tunnel vision. Each and every accident that has occured on Lake Winni was about speed in their minds. What will they blame it on when accidents still happen with the speed limit? On another note Bear Islander are you suggesting in your comment about the BI camp having sail boats out yesterday that the reason was becasue of the passage of the speed limit bill? I don't want to read into anything you're not saying so I'm simply asking if that's what you meant. Thank you!