View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
Mink Islander

Default R.J. Builders

For a good builder, give Reg Glines a call (603) 387-6092. He and his partner, Jeff, are two true Yankee craftsman. Absolutely the best contractors I ever worked with. Their attention to detail and focus on quality are reminders of what building construction should be like. Have been doing only island construction for many years. They tend to have a long backlog -- last I knew they were working on several projects on Beaver Island.

As others have said, cost is a difficult thing to estimate. Really will depend on what you want to build. One option worth considering if you are eager to keep the all in cost down would be to look at some of the log homes. They can be built quickly and relatively cheaply. There's one on Mink on the channel side that went up a couple of years ago and the realtor/owner is advertising to build a similar home on some land he owns on Bear.

As for timing, if you are truly in the early stages (i.e. no plans, no builder), I'd be very surprised if you could get underway this fall or even next spring. Life in a building boom.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote