Thread: Payback Time
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #114
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover View Post
You can "challenge" anything you want. But will the judge buy it.

Have you ever been to court to challenge a citation? Judges have great experience in cutting through the bull. If the MP says their estimate is 75 and you respond with 45, what do you think the judge will say? Any bets you will not like what he says?

In any event just having to take a day and go to court is a penalty. And what do you think he may say if its your second or third violation? I'd like to hear that one.

Give me a break with this "we are not going to slow down" bravado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover View Post
The Marine Patrol can, has, and will use science to determine boat speed after an accident. Its CSI for boats. How do you think they determined the speed of the boat to be 28 mph in a famous Winni fatal accident. The accident recreation science is complex and involves a lot more than measuring the length of skid marks.
IL , the endlessness of your knowledge continues to impress and humble me. Your knowledge of physics, forensics, case law, judicial prudence and human nature are boundless. The ease in which you can take mere speculation, exaggeration or estimation and state it as unequivocal fact cements your reputation as a classic "know it all" in my book. Congratulations.