View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Thumbs up Review

We ate at Boston Seafood on Friday, June 6th just as a new shipment of lobsters came in and their price rose from an introductory price of $6.99 to $8.99 a pound. Still a nice price.

We ordered the clam chowder, 4oz lobster roll plate with fries and cole slaw and fish and homemade potato chips.

Lobster roll filling was great, just lightly moist with no fillers. The roll appeared to be a whole grain style roll with sesame seeds. I thought its flavored competed with the lobster and I'd prefer the traditional, toasted New England style hot dog bun instead. The fish in the fish and chips plate was perfectly cooked, sweet mild white fish. The homemade potato chips were delicious. We ordered the homemade lemonade and it was a nice blend of tangy lemon and sweet sugar, not overly sweet or bitter. The clam chowder had big pieces of clam, was not overly thick or creamy, with a nice fresh flavor. Some of the best chowder I've ever had. Kudos to Bill.

Counter service was very friendly, efficient. I liked the way they have retooled the outside eating area, making it fenced in with the lattice.

Boston Seafood is now going to be routine stop...keep up the good work!!