View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #251
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
Here are the facts:
1.) Visibility has NEVER been a problem for me on Squam Lake – because there is a 40 mph speed limit which apparently keeps powerboat operators from traveling faster than their ability to see. So I’m almost certain that a 45mph speed limit on Winni with have a similar effect (although, personally I think that 40 mph is a better limit).[/B]
OK SO... Evanstar please clear something up fo me because I am VERY interested in your response here. Is this or isn't this a direct quote from YOUR experience on SQUAM:

While kayaking on Squam last summer, my friend and I were both swamped by a speeding boat that passed within 40 feet of us and never even slowed down. So enforcement of current boating regulations seems to be the bigger issue here.

Go ahead and tell us that this was years ago and it doesn't matter. Explain this away, I am dying to hear the answer.

FYI-This quote was taken from this post http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...0&postcount=36

This is from an incident 4 years ago. This is more recent than what proponents dig up supporting their claims for a need for speed limits.