View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #58
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Eleven of the largest lakes in Alabama now have a 500 Horsepower limit. I wonder how many people believed that could never happen?
I swear, it seems like you post just to inflame, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
Or perhaps he was just getting underway? The photo captures a moment in time. No way to tell from that what he did before or after the shot was taken. But why let that stop us from stringing him up? He's obviously guilty of something, right? After all, he does own a big boat.
Gatto, I realize it looks like people are jumping the gun on their criticism of that cruiser captain but the quote below is from the locked thread where the question was asked about the legality and/or safe operation of the cruiser pictured. I'm not trying to criticize your comments, I just wanted to point out that someone DID witness how the boat was being operated before and after the picture was taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bob
I took this picture the day they were raising the colbalt that went down off of Rattlesnake Island.
This boat came out of Wolfeboro and went all the way up the broads at the same speed.
I don't want to get into the speed limit debate but that wake will do a lot more damage than a boat going fast where it is safe to do so.