Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #227
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I don't believe you. Please provide proof.

There are 419 legislators in the list I just downloaded from the state website. Can you list the names of the ones familiar with the lake? The names of the "most" of that set that support speed limits?

For what's its worth, 9 of the 13 legislators in a Winnipesaukee town did vote for the speed limit. But surely living in a Winnipesaukee town is not the same as being familiar with the lake. That definition leaves out Rep. Pilliod.
So I guess you want to win this argument by inventing an extremely limited definition of "familiar with the lake". In you opinion what is required? Must they own a boat? How many hours of operation? How much horsepower?

Any legislator that lives in a Winnipesaukee town meets my definition. Your 9 out of 13 is the proof you are asking me for. If you listened to the debate in the house you should know that quite a few legislators from around the state stood up and related there Winnipesaukee experience and their support of speed limits. One was an ex Marine Patrol Officer. The debates are on the internet, go listen to them and hear the "proof" with your own ears.

I know a Senator that lives on Bear Island, does that count?