View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #39
Island Girl

Default I Remember when it changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Is this true or only presumed to be true because it is so wide spread..... I know that when I got my License ummm around 1990 it was still illegal to pass on the right, according to the rule book....

That is not to say that the law hasn't changed.... but as I remember the saying is drive right pass left......

Also in just a few minutes of web searching I found a information on the subject. Most states require slower traffic to move to the right.... which implies passing on the right is not correct...... the problem is people get into the middle lane of a 3 lane divided highway, and don't move right when they aren't keeping up with traffic.....
This was many many years ago ... now NH may well have delayed it's implementation. My memory if failing... sometimes Congress will make a law and the states can implement it or not... however failure to implement some of these will result is a loss of highway funds from the government. I do not remember is it is this one or the seat belt law which NH was the last hold out.

IG

....... Make Lemonade