View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #139
hazelnut

Default Bear Islander

Initially yes I wanted to make a statement and then I wanted you to make a statement free from quoting or disputing my statement. We did that. I think we both did a good job of that.

I never said that subsequent posts fell into that category. This is a debate about an issue. Here is the problem that you are running into as I see it.

The debate revolves around a House Bill regarding a SPEED LIMIT. The people who oppose a speed limit have hard facts and statistics as to why there is no reason or need for a speed limit. In short speed is not the problem. You yourself said so.

The people who support a SPEED LIMIT have no facts or statistics to support the theory that a speed limit is necessary. The House Bill is in effect a wolf in sheep's clothing. It masks itself as a safety measure when in fact the supporters see it as a way to rid the lake of what it thinks are undesirables. You yourself stated that Go Fast Boats do not belong on the lake.

With that said you will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS come under scrutiny for supporting a bill that is sneaky and underhanded. It is a form of discrimination. You support a bill that is discriminatory in nature. That is a fact. If you can live with that, fine. Personally when it comes to lawmaking we should not allow emotion to dictate protocol. I take this very serious. When a law is made based solely on the idea that we can get rid of something that a few people "don't like," based on no supportive fact it worries me. If this law passes it only paves the way for more silly laws.

By the way, you have no comment on the "list?"