View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #40
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Shameless! When the FACTS do not support your position, you play the emotional cards of the American family and the children in camp. Translation: we need to inflict this boat speed restriction on our lake in order to save the children. How could anyone oppose a new law that would save children?

Any camp director who would allow the kids to swim beyond the swim line buoys or take a canoe out onto the big lake should be fired immediately. In addition, no boater in their right mind would motor through these shallow areas at any speed.

It seems the pro SL crowd will go to any shameless length to get their way . . . forget the facts . . . let's play on people's emotions.
I was responding as a former camp director, that is my frame of reference. I also have my only child in a Summer Camp on Winnipesaukee, that is also my frame of reference.

You are entitled to your opinion that every camp director on Winnipesaukee should be fired. However I don't think that is reasonable, nor is it going to happen.

If you believe that it is unsafe for children to canoe on the "big lake" then I do not understand how in good conscience you can oppose speed limits.

I do hope some Senators and the Governor take notice that Winni is not safe for children in a canoe!