View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #81
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
I could possible get clocked going 46 and that according to the law is reason enough to give me a ticket. OK so I get a ticket and if that's not bad enough it also goes on my NH driving record. ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!? and yes I'm yelling about this!! I can't believe that NH is also going to punish me by points on my drivers license for an infraction on my boat. Is that even legal? You do NOT I repeat DO NOT even need a valid drivers license to operate a boat on NH waters, just a valid Safe Boating Certificate (and I won't even get into the confusion on that).
As an avid opposer, I am actually not that upset about a boating infraction going against my license. I agree that it is ridiculous that they would put this into effect since it is only necessary to have a boating certificate. I think that the points should only be issued on certain offenses though, and there should be a spread as to the # of points per violation type as per the existing rules on the road. Violating the 150' rule for instance should be punishable, however given that MP never seems to stop for this I don't think it will have much effect. According to the law on the road you could get ticketed for 1mph over but you don't. When was the last time you or anyone you know was busted for 1mph over? Or the infamous 3mph over for that matter?

This would not be my main concern. The speed limit itself and the overall need for it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottrucks
Oh wait my boat doesn't even have one......who's going to shell out $$ for ALL the boats that don't have them or are inacurate.....

I would like one of those nice dash mounted ones with big #'s please
I'll take a GPS speedo with a tattletale, that way I can tell if my pontoon can truly do 3mph over the limit during the day