View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt

Do you also get upset when Home Depot raises the prices on lumber already in stock, in order to manage the demand against the lumber commodities market?

Do you complain when a gas station drops their prices BEFORE the current stock is depleted, because prices are trending DOWN?
Knowing what kind of profit margins are involved in things I very much mind the whimsical approach to price fixing in many industries. Do I blame the end seller in all cases no... Certainly the Gas station owner has all his over head. and he has to keep pace accordingly. The issue is further up line. The end though, Just because the price of a barrell of oil jumps, doesn't mean we she see the result imediately at the gas pump..... But alas we do.... if gas stations and companies are going to take this approach then we should also see an imediate drop when the price of oil dips on the market..... But we never do the price is always quicker on the rise then it ever is on the fall.
My compliant isn't about the price of gas.... it is on how the industry is run. In a year with nothing major has happend to effect the flow of oil to the gas pumps we should not be seeing the soaring prices at either the pump or for the price of a barrell of oil. The practice of Comodity trading has gotten out of hand, and the idiots on wall street are causing these False swings... If things keep going the way they are going the price of oil is going to through the economy into a deep depression. People are going to have to spend more money on heating there homes, fueling vehicles, and paying for groceries which will rise in price do to transportation cost, which will leave less to spend on extras in life. This is of course unless companies realize that they need to give thier employess large enough raises to keep up with the cost of living.

Sorry for my rant folks but that is just my opinion... I hope I am wrong, but I see another big depression comming on......

Now as for the price of lumber, that doesn't even belong in this conversation......