View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #66
Flylady

Default in the blood

My name comes from the fact that I spend a lot of time flying to NH! My great Aunt and Uncle bought their place in the mid 50's. They never had childred so my sister and I spent our summers on the lake. College years took me to the West coast. Married here, career took off, raised my family. Brought my children back to the Lake in the 80's to meet my Aunt and Uncle. They passed on, left their place to my parents, who ended up selling it in the early 90's cuz they couldn't afford it. For the last five years I've been visiting NH and "testing" the water. Finally made the plunge and bought my "piece of heaven" at the end of 2005. So now I am counting down the time until I can retire there for the summers. Until then I have to settle for my four weeks of vacation each year there. My sister is still in CT and they can also enjoy the place with their family. One thing for sure I wish my kids could have had the same experience, but that was not ment to be....but then there are the grandchildren!
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote