Thread: Bears...
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeHunter
Why would a bear tear off the siding, damage the decks and ruin the flowers and shrubs?

Don't they know that you were there first and they should go back into the vast wilderness looking for their plethora of food?

Priceless!!!
RSH, we all understand your pro wildlife stanse, and that is fine and you are more then welcome to your opinion and to voice it. But don't step onto your soapbox so often it gets old. And here it is not warrented.

No one has said anything more here then that they have had trouble and discussed ideas with how to deal with the bears, so that they and family can stay safe.

I love the wilderness and wildlife more then most people know....but when I wildlife gets into the proximity of humans precautions need to be taken. And if at all possible, which I think the people in this thread are discussing how to make things less inticing to the bears, raising the bird feeder etc. and this is the best way to start. But if the bears keep comming around and find new things to get into steps my need to be taken... Sometimes relocation is the best thing, it keeps the people safe and keeps the bear alive..... My advice to you folks is to work with the Fish and Game officers, they will guide you along the way and have the ability if deemed absolutely neccessary to relocate the bear.

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 04-16-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammer of course
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote