View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 11:33 AM   #29
ishoot308

Thanked 4,980 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Different than the DrySpace.

DrySpace doesn't have any furring strips.

The long rails secure directly to the joists and create the required pitch without any measuring... and then the panels between the rails snap in and can be removed at a later date should it need to be cleaned out.

The rails protect the wood from rot... but have sizing limits.

This is more like our new TrussCore product... but even that one doesn't use furring strips
I did look at Timbertechs “Dry Space” but didn’t like the looks of the large corrugated panels and it was really unsightly at the gutter where all the corrugated gaps were even more exposed.

Zip Up does sell their own PVC furring but it’s crazy expensive and from everything I researched, most contractors were using pressure treated or other rot resistant wood as furring and I can certainly understand why after doing this project. Just the simple ability to rip your own custom size furring is a real nice benefit!

If this space was a simple rectangle and had no lights, this job would take a quarter of the time. While layout is critical no matter what system you use, prepping for lights really consumes time but it’s a must have in my situation. The Trex Rainscape lights are awesome but not cheap!

Dan