View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #5
Biggd

Thanked 1,082 Times in 686 Posts
Thumbs up

So, after running all the units all day with the 3 smaller 6000btu units set at 60 degrees, the heat does seem to be more evenly distributed.
On the main floor I have an 18000btu and a 12000btu at each end of the house. A 6000btu in the basement and a 6000btu unit in each one of the upstairs bedrooms.
The kids are grown and gone so we don't use the upstairs bedrooms unless we have guests, but I guess I'm going to have to leave them on even though the rooms are empty.
I turned on the basement unit last night because it was cold down there and it was extremely hot down there this morning. It seems to be much better now that I have them all running. I've just set all the smaller units at the lowest temperature, 60 degrees, with the fans on automatic.
Like I said, I'm still trying to get use to this system after having oil boiler systems all my life. The system was just finished up on Tuesday, so I'm interested in seeing how much my electric bill is going to go up for the month of November.
My oil boiler is still hooked up and heats my hot water, but I have the house thermostat turned down to 60 degrees.
This is a Hyper unit so it's supposed to throw heat all the way down to -15, we'll see?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links