Thread: Pan handling?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 05:30 PM   #28
ApS

Question Lots Of "Ifs" There...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Sorry, I missed that part of the post. I'll go back and read to see if I can see that they were doing things to people cars. None of you know that a)they are doing drugs, b) didn't run into hard time c) were bothering anyone. At least not from what I was reading in the posts. If they aren't bothering anyone, than what's the point of complaining? If it's legal and not causing a hazard to others I don't see why people are so upset? If you know that for a fact they are using drugs than that's a different story. Just like this weekend going into the grocery store I got asked to sign a petition, I said "no thank you" and went onto my business. No harm done.
I had occasion to pull into a parking space outside a huge Justice building. Knowing that I'd need 2 hours at the meter, I rummaged through my change. A teen approached my car carrying a fist-sized rock. He walked over to the meter, and gave it a learned whack! The meter instantly read 2 hours, so I was expected to hand over the $2 in change to the teen.

Some people can't foresee the destructive outcome of "harmless" panhandling on society.

The "One Broken Window" theory drove the greatest redirection of "harmless" enterprise in our lifetimes. I think we can foresee that it will shortly be overdue for a return.