Thread: New Appliances
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 10:21 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Whatever you do don't get sucked into buying cheap Samsung appliances, they are garbage.
I agree..... replaced our stove during covid, and it was all we could get.... We still have it, and have gotten use to some of the quirks.... but overall they simply aren't great appliances.....

With that said.... I have used the big box stores, with very good success.... it is a mater of knowing what you are looking for, and comparing prices. Last winter our Washing Machine, gave up the ghost.... I am sure I could have fixed it, but it was time for something new.... Using the big box store I got the same washing Machine, that I could have gotten from the local appliance store, for the same price... but delivered much quicker......

It was worth it. What the big box store don't do well is installations that require modifications.... they tend to be a bit pricey so going with your local appliance store is often times a better option....