View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 12:26 PM   #15
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We are thinking of shopping around for new boat insurance as our new annual premium for our boat and 2 older jetskis is just over $1000, which seems exorbitant to us. The boat is a Cobalt 240 with a value of $35,000. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable insurance carrier? Maybe we are being unrealistic. TIA for any constructive comments.

Sue
Talk with your current insurance agent and see what the driving force behind you $1000 dollar policy cost. I have seen issues where insurance companies create false assumptions... i.e believe a boat is capable of more speed then it is based on engine size.... etc. You may also find, that your insurance company still has you boat valued at more then 35,000$....

With that said when I needed to get a boat policy I was put in touch with Antonucci Insurance Services out of Wolfeboro, they have been great to work with..... I believe my policy is current through pregressive, and is very reasonable, of course I have sized down to a single boat, that isn't even capable of 25 MPH..... but with that said I pay less then 200$ for very good coverage.....