View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #65
fatlazyless

Default Fecal Bacteria Advisory removed - Ellacoya State Beach

It looks like the NH-DES Fecal Bacteria Advisory for the 300' sandy, swim beach side of Ellacoya State Park has been REMOVED, so it was relatively short lived. Testing positive for fecal bacteria from a sample taken on July 20, the advisory was removed today, July 25, from a sample taken yesterday on July 24.

I know that a lot of beach goers will ignore the yellow NH-DES advisory warning signs, posted into the sandy beach at the water's edge and hit the water as per normal. Typically most NH cities, towns and the State of NH are okay with this and consider the signs to be an advisory, and let people make their own decision whether to swim, or not to swim, and the hell with the yellow signs.

You know ..... what, me worry? ..... hey, today is July 25 and I am going swimming, here, at dis dam Ellacoya State .....http://www.nhstateparks.org/find-par...ya-state-park/ .... beach ...... lemme tell ya! ..... ..... this is a great time to hit the water, here on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee .... das right!

Maybe if Ellacoya could afford to get the septic system for their swim area rest rooms fixed, then visitors there will be more inclined to use the state park rest rooms as opposed to the shallow swim area.