View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #23
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Something tells me an electric snow-blower is way too WIMPY to move the big heavy wet New Hampshire snow that's pushed off the town road by the town plow truck.

Take a gander through Craigslist for a relatively light weight, 185-lb, Troy-Bilt 2410, 24" two stage snow-blower for the real deal in GASOLINE powered small snow-blower that is plenty big enough to do a two-to-three car driveway, and walkways.

And, Lakeport Power Equipment on Mechanic St in Lakeport, Laconia ...... a one-man home business .... on facebook ... is the place to go to get it repaired or a new friction plate or anything. July & August are the best months for snow-blower repairs because you don't know if it is fixed good until December ....... ha-ha-ha ..... ...... whoa, just kidding.
Obviously, it's machine-dependent, and I look forward to Sailin's hands-on report. But having said that...I'm pretty sure the ability to move heavy snow is largely based on torque, and electric motors are far better than gas at delivering these bursts of power. This is why $50K Teslas are quicker than Porsches and the Ford Lightning pickup truck has 50% more towing capacity than an F-150. EVs are performance beasts.