View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
wildwoodfam

Default Excellent Topic Airwaves!

These guys on the MP are underpaid and disrespected at every turn! I am not a MP Officer. I think New Hampshire might want to study how other vacation resort areas and states with lake populations that balloon in the summers - Minnesota, (the land of 1000 lakes), New York State, Vermont (sixth largest lake in the US), Maine, etc...find out how these agencies fund their safety programs, Marine Patrols, safety officer programs, etc...

Maybe they (NH) already do cross compare with these states - maybe they do not. I don't know.

I do know this - to get and keep good qualified MP Officers - you need to pay them better than they currently are paid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
One final note, this is to Don more than anyone. I am not trying to push my views ahead of others, I just thought the conversation regarding the lack of funding for the NH Marine Patrol needs to be discussed.

I took the posts from above from the "General Discussion" thread called
Snorkeling, swimming, scuba diving

I included only my main posts so as to not try to edit anyone else's thoughts.

The NH Marine Patrol is a vital part of Lake Winnipesaukee, and as I have read over and over again, the lake is no long the same lake that it was in the 50's, 60's 70's or 80's.

So why is the Marine Patrol still funded like it is?
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote