View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #63
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Good point -- and not only more doctors, more comprehensive service. Case-in-point: My brother and his family recently spent a week in Moultonborough. His daughter (11) developed an inflamed appendix, and the team at Huggins in Wolfeboro couldn't do the operation, so they sent her to Manchester--which is a $5,800+ ambulance ride.

We had the same issue with my father when he lived in Tuftonboro. He came down with pneumonia and a-fib, and the local hospital sent him (via ambulance) to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester.

Huggins is a great hospital, and nearly every one of my family members, from my grandparents to my kids...and me, have had some kind of service there, but the area providers need to be able to offer a broader portfolio of services--particularly with a growing elderly population.

Of course, all this requires money. It's American healthcare.
I'm not so sure. If I needed an ER, I'd want for Huggins to be full portfolio of emergency stuff. But if I had time on my side just a bit, I'd prefer a busier hospital with more regular occurrence of whatever I had.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote