View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #9
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Not a big jet ski person, but the thoughts of an electric anything motor boating is so depressing to me.

I LOVE the sound and the vibration of the motor, its part of the experience.

You become one with the machine, I can feel when an engine hits its sweet-spot, and like riding a horse as it transitions from trot to gallop to full run, feeling the engine accelerate through its RPM range is just thrilling.

When we all ran pre-mix and "white gas" (or any good gas before the change to unleaded) I LOVED the smell of an outboard and a marina. I smelled and sounded like FUN.

Boating with and electric motor might be fine for a tour boat, but for anything I would feel like some major fun part was missing, and for a personal watercraft it would seem doubly so. Like trying to sell a Harley rider on an electric motor, just dont see that taking off.

But then the way the world is going, my guess is that if they can add a booming sound system and selfie camera, then it will probably be a hit.
All the more a hit when the manufacturers add fake engine and exhaust sound systems. You’ll never hear the difference. Maybe they’ll also add some scent diffusers to give you that heady marina smell.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote