View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For $15 the Center Harbor town ramp, down below the hardware store, is most likely good enough with a long concrete pre-fab sectional ramp underwater, and paved black asphalt driveway to unload/load a 31'er. Have seen some large boats like this using the ramp, there.

Free trailer parking about 1/4-mile straight up the hill behind Coe House on the dirt unpaved area of the supermarket and state liquor p-lot ...... way back at the woods.

Many times, there's no one there to collect the $15 ...... do not understand why the town does not have a steel, honor system, fee collection box, there ..... to collect the cash for the town.
Sorry, should have said they would be coming up from the south, so I think thats not better/closer to Weirs than West Alton. If they were coming from the north that would be MUCH better, and like you said its a good ramp and a nice place.

And I totally agree that I dont understand not having an honor system collection box. Hard to believe too many would be so lame as to not pay. That said, when they staff the ramp with some one who is even a little knowledgeable, about boating and the lake, its helpful and a nice perk. Good part time job for retirees (I should be so lucky when I retire)

Thanks!

Last edited by XCR-700; 08-02-2020 at 05:35 PM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote