View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #20
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,164 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
I don't understand why you hesitate to name the "brand" of the boat you refer to since the "company" went above and beyond to cater to you in the end... I would want that kind of "advertising" if I was the "President" of said company...
The President became a distant "friend" of sorts because of the problems. When we went to lunch I asked questions and pointed out things on their boats that I thought could be better, from a consumers point of view. Seven years later, while at the New Your Boat Show, I ran into him and he was still extremely friendly and personable. About 5 years after that, I ran into him at the Miami Boat Show and he was still the same guy. A real people person. He has since retired but he was a real credit to the company.

Subsequent to that boat, I bought four more of that brand of boat. While I have no knowledge of the costs of the flights and hospitality I would guess they were still ahead financially from selling me boats.

As an interesting side note when we landed in Cadillac Michigan (Big hint) I was met by the two warranty people who wouldn't talk to me two weeks before that. They took me to the motel and waited to take me out to dinner. I was thinking: How is this possible? Two weeks ago they wouldn't take my phone calls, now they are carrying my luggage!
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: