View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #11
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Few interesting things to point out here.

Irrespective of the manufacturer a huge selling point is always the built in warranty that is essentially touting we make a quality product, so much so that we stand behind it 100%. Great lip service, but the question is do they when a problem arises. Like anything man made mistakes happen, whether it be a result of poor engineering or a mistake in manufacturing.

I agree 100% that the dealer here MUST serve as an advocate for you. As an individual there is only so much you can do to get and hold the manufacturer's attention. The dealer however has or should have a very tight relationship with the manufacturer and be able to get in touch with the right people at any time to ensure you, the customer, remain satisfied in rectifying the situation to YOUR satisfaction. Based on your writeup it doesn't seem as though you are being in anyway unreasonable in expectations if anything quite accommodating.

Considering this is not an inexpensive item, all the more reason that the dealer should be bending over backwards to keep you happy. That is what they are there for, to be the face of the manufacturer and frankly it should be them that is pushing this on your behalf.

I find it interesting how terrible customer service is these days across the board.

Honestly I am really surprised that SeaRay is treating you like this as they are one of the most well known brands out there and seem to not just sell boats but the entire "lifestyle". Disappointing indeed and I don't blame you one bit for never wanting another one. The thing that really stinks about this is now you are at some point stuck with a boat that you have little confidence in and I'd have a hard time selling a problem to somebody else. Bet the dealer won't, for a nice commission.