View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #220
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default "Social Distancing" at the Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
But all of your posts make it clear that you value wealth over health in this instance. I think you are wrong to do so, but I recognize that there are many people who will suffer economically, including many who will not have enough to eat--this is already happening in the UK as food banks are bare. I am on the board of a nonprofit that is struggling to maintain support for several thousand people as our supply chain is disrupted.

This is a situation where there is no attractive alternative--each of us is forced to to choose a price to pay. More isolation likely means more hungry people. Less isolation likely means more deaths. Both sides need to own up to the sacrifices their positions imply

You are wrong and many fail to see they go hand in hand. When I speak about wealth and not speaking just about personal wealth of individuals and speaking about the wealth of our economy and our country.You are grossly underestimating the impact of a depressed economy will have on healthcare. If the economy collapsed we will have virtually no healthcare or at best very poor healthcare even socialized. Do you know how many Americans will die do to poor and or socialized medicine unable to receive necessary prescriptions, medical treatments and surgery.

I can assure you it will be more than the Corona Virus. We are mortgaging our future health and economy for today.

Again my opinion and I am not trying to sway anyone. Belief what you want as I will and only the future will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app