View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #28
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
In my experience those hours vary so much that posting them might be misleading. On rainy days a gas dock may close early, while on busy days they stay open later. This time of year many are closed by 5, while during July they're open late.

A few day ago I happened to be viewing the Youtube live stream from the Flightcraft gas dock. At 5 they came out, took down the Open and American flags, cleaned off the dock and appeared to close down. About 15 minutes later I noticed a boat (not a rental return) approaching the dock and figured he'd be out of luck. To my surprise someone came running out and filled him up. Pretty good service!
This is why I list both their scheduled 'hours of operation' AND their phone number on the station detail pages. Just click on the name of any gas dock on WinniGas.com to see the detailed information which should include a phone number. I also made the phone number 'clickable' from your phone to make it easier to dial from your phone when you are on a boat.

If you're running late, or really need gas, you may want to call and be sure someone will be there.

I've been on a friends boat that was running on fumes (one engine already quit) and we called the nearest gas dock to let them know we were coming in. It would have been a big problem if we got there and they had closed 2 minutes before we arrived, as we may have had to float/glide into their dock! Luckily they waited for us.