View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #68
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You're both right--everyone has the same exact chances at success. Those people who fail are all just choosing to. Brilliant.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Reading comprehension 101: I never said people chose to fail, I said they didn't choose to succeed.

My first job after high school? A gas station, pumping gas. My next job: a different gas station 1 mile down the road. But I had goals and wanted a boat. I even dreamed about a house on Winnipesaukee some day. Starting in 1970 I would cruise the lake in my boat and admire the waterfront homes, wondering how I could ever get there. I had no family there and no property (or money) to inherit.

No one ever gave me 5 cents but I figured out a path to have a boat (and many more) and eventually buy a waterfront home on the lake. I worked a lot of hours, sometimes at three different jobs, trying to get ahead. I am not special, gifted, or lucky, I just decided it was worth the the effort to do the work to get there. And I did. After 14 years on the lake I still get up every morning that I am there and look out at the lake and smile. I am very grateful to have a home there.

I believe that at a young age everyone has the same opportunity. It is the decisions that follow that determine where and how far they will go.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote