View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #14
ApS

Exclamation HB162 *****s Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStan2450
"...I waterski around 32-37 mph. When cutting across the wake on one ski you easily reach 45 mph+. I have fallen plenty and never had a problem and I weigh 230 lbs. HB 162 will do nothing to help with this IMO..."
You make my point: At speeds over HB162's 45, your vest becomes a burden. It could stay on but others (like SOTW's Poker Run) have been torn off.

Quote:
"...Again I believe HB 162 will have a completely different and undesirable effect on the lake. High speed chases for one. Now that so called 5% of boaters that are gfbl boaters, who according to some here are driving drunk. You think that drunk guy will stop? I think he will go faster and become more reckless..."
It's clear you haven't seen a MP "high-speed chase".

Quote:
How about those young PWC drivers. Think they will stop for MP when they are already going 70 mph? I am 37 years old now and have matured quite a bit since 18 but when I was 18 I question what I would do on a PWC..."
Those young PWC drivers will become tomorrow's "Cowboys".

Look at how many can't control their GFBLs on Winnipesaukee doing stunts today. They learn all the wrong moves early—and they're the ones educated earliest through NASBLA. ('Just two more years left to mop-up the oldest boaters).

For example, is this activity consistent with "Maintaining a Proper Watch"?
Attached Images