Thread: Laconia...
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #54
laketrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Laconia is the least desirable city/town on Lake Winnipesaukee. I'd simply cross it off your list and look in the other areas around the lake.
2nd Curve. You're painting with a broad-brush. You sound like Peyton Place Gossip hound... LOL where do you hail from? GIC? LOL.. Some who bash Laconia cannot afford to live on or near the water in Laconia.

Live in Wolfeboro? Drugs galore. Domestic violence and unsolved murders. Alton, Guilford, etc... its all the same folks, you just do not see it unless you lived there for awhile.

Yes Laconia has its issues i.e. more people- but most towns on the lake do, you just do not see it, its there and under the surface. If you want a quick police response Laconia is there I live in Long Bay Laconia , 5 minutes; Hospital or ER issue Laconia Fire Dept is there in 5 minutes.

Having lived in the Eastern part of the lake your in trouble by the time the Police/Fire Dept get there in 20 minutes if your far out on a point or less traveled part of town etc..

Laconia has its share of nice properties and views of the lake and is a very enjoyable town; want to eat at more then just 1 or 2 small sometimes seasonal restaurants besides Meredith its Laconia.

Southdown, Longbay, Endicott St, Weirs Blvd and Merdith Bay development are all outside of town and are all very nice $$$communities. I happen to like Laconia, and have no problem taking my kids out to Laconia events.

Last edited by laketrout; 05-09-2016 at 03:46 PM.
laketrout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laketrout For This Useful Post: