View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #25
frankie_boy

To the OP: congratulations and good luck! We are currently upsizing our boat and had decided on a Crownline 270, but just Wednesday decided to go with the slightly larger 285. We also looked at the Regal 2500 but wanted something bigger. We are moving up from a 20' Crownline and have been very happy with it and decided to stick with the brand. Our local CL guys are fantastic, and have been great to work with! As an aside, they are trying VERY HARD to get us the new VP Forward Drive so we can try surfing Mostly though, we are looking forward to the extra room and better ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
Not sure on your reasoning please explain.

How does the comfort of a standard bowrider differ from surf boats?

Hi Winnisquamer! With all due respect, and not to pretend to read Jtill75's mind, but it is possible he is referring to ride comfort. I have never boated on Lake Winnie, but after years of lurking and reading this forum, it sounds very similar to Lake Lanier, upon which we have boated for 12 years. I can tell you that when we have been out on friends surf and wakeboard boats on busy days, I have felt like we have been beaten to bits. Just a guess...
frankie_boy is offline   Reply With Quote