Thread: Police standoff
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 07:09 AM   #25
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Yet you didn't even get the meaning of the comment. In not waty did it infer that they "never be questioned". You totaly missed the inference of making an asumption based on a false set of data or total lack of knowledge.
No, I got the meaning. I gave a specific example of a large scale police program (stop and frisk) that had disastrous results and resulted in public distrust of police. He ignored that and countered with a non-specific case of a speeding cruiser. He made a poor quality straw-man argument to try and distract from a direct example.

Quote:

20,000 service members said they had experienced at least one incident of unwanted sexual contact in the past year, representing nearly 5 percent of all active-duty women and 1 percent of active-duty men.

Only a few examples.
The topic was about police, not military, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with those comments, unless you too just want to make strawman arguments and stray off-topic. You also inserted quotes, but they don't appear to be from this thread and they have no reference/link.

Quote:
So are you ready to condem the military for the acts of a smae percentage? Like the other professions, they are being addressed the best they can.
I never said anything about military, and I haven't "condemned" the police. I've merely said they shouldn't get bent out of shape about a donut joke, and that the police across the US have done plenty to cause public distrust. Since you're concerned about "getting the meaning" of comments, the way for police to win back trust would not be to make strawman arguments and refuse to confront things.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked TiltonBB after he made his "1%" comment... Do you think 3750 corrupt police officers in the US is something the public should simply ignore or accept?

It's also strange that after almost 6 months of inactivity you pop up on this thread with a poorly framed response on law enforcement. You wouldn't happen to have a personal bias, would you?