View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #34
tis

Thanked 1,389 Times in 963 Posts

None of this registration argument really matters if they are going to live half the year in Fl and half the year in NH. They can register their car in the place where they decide to be a resident. The interest and dividends taxes and the tax break on houses are the biggest argument for Florida. I believe your house taxes can only go up 2% a year and you get the 25,000 exemption each. I think you can have insurance in either state except if you are on Medicare your part D has to be in the state where you are a resident and Part D is a little bit cheaper in NH surprisingly. I don't know about supplemental. You pay sales tax on cars and if you bring a car from another state to register in Fl. you do have to pay a fee equal to a sales tax charge. But the registration is a lot cheaper in Fl. than NH so it makes up for it some. I guess that depends on how many years you keep your car and how expensive a car you buy. And as said, you don't have to inspect in Fl. Also there is no inheritance tax or income tax in Fl. And that's all I can think about that.....
tis is offline   Reply With Quote