View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #44
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Rot Roh ...... I knew there was height regulations but now you just splashed COLD water on my hopes (Phantom will DEFINATELY not show this post to the wife) as our Condo is essentially in the shadows of Laconia Regional Airport !

Is there a website with all the rules & regulations or do you have to hunt around and get the info piece meal ?

Laconia is not a towered airport. The software you use restricts 'blacked out' areas around airports. Laconia does not have that restriction on the app (due to reason above) and works fine in that area. There are plenty of low flying craft in that area, so you need to be careful and always fly line of sight.

I got the Phantom 3 professional after I saw a renter with a DJI Inspire 1 (same company, different drones, different price points). My wife (read: accounts payable dept) saw it and immediately green lighted the purchase. It's a cool toy that combines many hobbies - R/C aircraft and photography/videography.

As far as the intrusive nature of the drones - they do NOT have zoom on the cameras. I'd have to be flying directly overhead and close to get 'improper' footage (disclaimer: not why I bought a drone) and you'll certainly hear my drone before you even see it.