View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #60
Rich

That is a tactic I've heard people use, there at Braun bay and also at the West Alton Sandbar.

I've heard in the past that they are more aggressive policing the West Alton sand bar than they are at Braun bay, but the few times I've been near Braun Bay (I usually get there late and stay to the extreme left of the popular spot), I've seen the MP come in, cruise around, then hang out near by for a while and then leave.

It's sort of funny that you can raft with two boats in a NRZ, it sort of is a confusing law

At least there is a clear designated NRZ at these two popular spots on the lake, unlike the controversy about the area in Winter Harbor.

The day I was there was the first time I had ever been to Winter Harbor. I can see the attraction as there is little boat traffic at the North end of Winter Harbor, just a lot of anchored boats and people pleasantly enjoying the water and calm serene place to anchor.

At the other end of Winter Harbor there were many people tubing, water skiing, etc. But even with this activity, the water was relatively calm compared to other large bays on the lake.