View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #19
ishoot308

Thanked 4,959 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
in Hooksett. I purchased a used 1997 GTX from them three years ago. The first time out the bearings seized and the machine requires a new crankshaft, bearings etc. There was a 15 days 'limited' warrantee on the machine and Owens refused the honor it. After days of hassling between two lawyers, it was settled that Owens will provide repairs.

They procrastinated and procrastinated, one excuse after another until finally after about a year, I got the machine back. Low and behold more problems and they will not honor their repairs. Back to the lawyers and I agreed to pay a $300 deductible, pending on if they make good their repairs. Another year went by (Waiting for parts etc.) until I decided to take the machine to a reliable indie. Unfortunately parts of the engines were scattered throughout their shop. Owens claim they want $300 to reassemble the engine. I picked up the machine, I did not bother to check under the seat, I was so mad. The indie mechanic open the seat and all the parts were thrown in the engine compartment he would need to reassemble the engine! Back to Owens and another long story.

I finally able to use the 1997 Seadoo GTX Limited this year. It cost me twice what I paid for it to get it going! I wish I had just left the machine at Owens. I can see why their back yard is a huge graveyard of boats, parts etc.
Just an fyi... Owens Marine is no longer in business...and your right, Randy Owen was just an awful person to do business with!!

Dan