View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
Jeanzb1

Boy oh boy, can I ever relate to this!!! We sold our oceanfront condo in Vero Beach one year ago and live here in the Lakes Region full-time (LOVE it!) but we are going back for several months this winter because we volunteer three or four days a week at a chimpanzee sanctuary. I started searching last May for a condo that would accept pets (we have a cat) and it took MONTHS of work to finally find a place. I was on VRBO, HomeAway, Craig's List, and I also talked to many realtors. One word of advice: Be very, very, very leery of the above-mentioned sites because I ran into three separate scams and easily could have lost thousands of dollars. If a deal seems too good to be true, trust me, IT IS!
The problem is that the vast majority of condos (at least where we were in the Vero Beach and North Hutchinson Island area) will not allow renters to have pets. Pets are fine for owners but not for renters. And then you will find a weight restriction -- usually 30 lbs. And then there is the $$$ factor. The majority of single-family homes that would allow pets want a minimum of two or three months and a minimum of $5000 per month. I'm sorry to be so pessimistic, but this is the experience I have just run into.
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote