View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #73
The Real BigGuy

How about just saying "NO!"

Regarding Marine Patrol - I'd suggest that anyone with an issue w/MP take your boat over to Sebago and see what life w/no rules is like. Boats "plowing" along the shore well inside 150' tossing huge wakes; no regard for dropping wakes around marina's or mooring fields, no 150' rule.

I was with a buddy a couple of weekends ago and there are 3 boats heading towards a choke point, all on a plane. No one slowed down. They passed within 20 feet of each other. We were one of them. Now- that is scary!

I for one am glad the MP is around and appears to be doing a little more enforcement. People need to be thinking, "They might stop me", and maybe they will operate in a safer manner.

On the issue of kayaks and canoes in the lake - Did those people who have been carping about how kayaks and canoes have no place in the middle of the lake ever think, "If I slow down, maybe I would have a better chance of seeing them?" Me thinks no. I'm betting the thinking is more along the lines of, "those @*%& (!'s are ruining MY fun. They need to go." The person who said "selfish" was absolutely correct!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post: